Morning / afternoon

General chit chat forum

Morning / afternoon

Postby xstitchderdee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 am

to everyone. Another hot day here for us - 29C - summer all over again.

Its my daughter's birthday today. She is 35 years old. Already ??!! Can't believe that my children are getting 'so old'. It feels just like yesterday that she was born on this cold, wet and miserable day.

Well another crazy day at work yesterday and we hoping that things will calm down today but will have to wait and see.

Have a good day everyone.
xstitchderdee

Re: Morning / afternoon

Postby jayneb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 am

Morning ,
Happy birthday to you daughter Delene xx
Looks like going to be warm today , last night was very humid so no sleep yet again.Off out with the girls for a meal and have a look at the shops.
Waiting on my threads and then going to start on my Elvis stitch but in the meantime will pick up my HAED .
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby Danielle 31 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Evening everyone, what a busy few days, am really exhausted. After the incident with the cooker, we have been out for the last couple of days trying to find a white gas cooker. What a job to find one so still haven't found one, but I found replacement glass for the door online so have ordered it. Was expensive but not as expensive as a new cooker. There's nothing wrong with my old one anyway, apart from the glass explosion lol. So got to wait between 3 and 5 working days. It's surprising how much you miss not been able to use the oven.
Tabby is still up to mischief, she's eating me out of house and home lol.
We have a weather warning for wind early hours till 3pm. Hoping it will miss us. The car is booked in for it's mot today, so fingers crossed it passes. While on the cooker hunt popped to wh smith so I could pick up my art of cross stitch mags, to be told there shutting down in 6 weeks. So the nearest place will be in the town but I never going in town, so cancelled it and got my money back, was really sticking to collecting all the issues without cancelleing half way thru. So the money I got back bought the new cross stitch mag ultimate birds lol.
Today will also be 2 years since we put Honey to sleep, so feeling quite emotional even hubby has remembered. Feeling as tho I'm making progress again on Honey, still not stitching as much I want still quite restricted with pain, but am feeling slightly better, and least I'm managing to stitch. So fingers crossed the car passes.
Hope your daughter has enjoyed her birthday Delene. How's Archie doing Jayne enjoy the rest of the week all. Xxx :)
Danielle 31

Postby jayneb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 am

Morning , not a nice day here , drizzle and its still warm.Driving lesson later on , was going to see Archie but not now as they are prepping him for coming home , getting oxygen in the house, so things are pretty much up in the air with visitors.
Managed to do some stitching on my HAED last night so will post pictures later on , going to do some more tonight , then hopefully my threads will come so I can start on my Elvis stitch :)

Happy Thursday to all xx
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby marzbarz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:01 am

Jayne that's fantastic about getting ready to bring Archie home!!!! Scary him being brought home on oxygen but he'll be home where he belongs - I see so many stories on a big preemie parents group i'm on about the children on oxygen living normal lives, they just need a little bit extra help.

Danielle - hope you're safe down in Hull - we seem to be missing the worst of it up here near Inverness, had a heavy shower about 10mins ago and its been windy but that's about it.
Sorry about Honey - its always hard and pets really are part of the family aren't they but your honey stitch will be a perfect memory of her when you complete it. I'm still working on one that I was going to make for my dad's xmas but its so so so far unfinished that at the moment I'm maybe aiming for what should have been his 70th birthday in 2025 lol (he died aged 55 in 2010). Its a hard stitch as one of the people in it reminds me of him (complete coincidence when I bought it!).

I can't believe how quiet the forum is now, I check in every couple of days but rarely post now, I do spend most of my time on FB if i'm honest.

I'm trying to get back to work after having H and the whole horrible situation with my work last year but because of her and childcare (and the fact that it terrifies me going back after nearly 2 years) I'm being quite firm on what I want. Scary that my little girl will be 2 in 2.5 months and Cheryls Thea in just over 2 months!
xx
marzbarz

Return to General Chit Chat