Bored!

General chit chat forum

Bored!

Postby Trigger » Thu May 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi there

Haven't posted in a while but am looking forward to being a regular visitor! Am sat at my desk at the moment and am so bored. I leave in just over 9 weeks to give "retirement" a try - I'm only 57 but my husband and I are going to try early retirement and see how it works out.

As well as stitching I love to read and run. I've done London Marathon three times and Edinburgh Marathon once. At the moment I'm training for two 10 mile run in July. In terms of cross stitch designs, I adore All our Yesterdays but am currently working on a picture of freesias (my favourite flowers) and an Ursula Michael design of a trainer made out of run related words. In terms of authors I'll try anything once. I normally read "chicklit" but have recently been introduced to some other genres - e.g. thrillers and am currently reading The Fear by CL Taylor. It's turning into quite a page turner.

Anyone here with similar interests?

Look forward to hearing form you all Trigger (real name Debra)
Trigger

Re: Bored!

Postby xstitchderdee » Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello. You have something to look forward to - retirement! I am 58 and my husband 62 and he wants us to try retirement as well but I want him to stay on for another year or so and then maybe give it a try.

Well done on your running marathons. I'm not a runner but my husband was until his hips started giving him problems.

I also like to read when I have time but cross stitching takes first place in my life so don't really have lots of time to read. But there are lots of "readers" here on the forum who read all sorts of books. We have a posting awhile back of what everyone was reading. Maybe you could find it amongst all the "spam" postings.
xstitchderdee

Postby Trigger » Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks for your quick response Dee. It's a nuisance with all the spam isn't it. A shame really because it may put some people off posting. I'll take a look down the listings later.

Glad that you're enjoying retirement - there's just so much that I'm looking forward to. We've recently moved house too and I just love pottering around doing bits and pieces.
Trigger

Postby jayneb » Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 pm

HI Debra and welcome to the forum.
Where are you from ? Im Jayne and live in sunny south wales :lol:
My first love is cross stitching and at the moment stitching a wedding sampler due for August but also working on a HAED .
Well done on the marathons , Im more of a walker not a runner but when go out do 6 miles that is my way of keeping fit .
Love reading , just discussing this with MIL that kids no longer seem to read must be a generation thing.
Look forward to you posting more and dont let the spam put you off either :)
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
jayneb

Postby Silverbunni » Thu May 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi.

I am Jenny. I love reading. Currently got two on the go, unforgivable by Mary Balogh (regency romance) and Don Quixote. I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to books. Trying to read more classics hence the second one. :lol:

Not a runner but I am doing the great north swim next month in lake Windermere. Did my first open water swim this week which was very good. Learnt lots for when I do my actual swim (didn’t think about footwear and it was all stony!! Lol).
Silverbunni

Postby Danielle 31 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi Debra welcome to the forum. I'm Danielle and I'm from Hull. I'm also a big reader will read anything. But love the books that feature the world wars. Love Anna Jacobs, Rosie Goodwin etc... Also the different foster carer authors. Congrats on the marathons. Will be nice to see pics of what your working on. Xxx :)
Danielle 31

Postby Trigger » Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks Jayne, Silverb and Danielle for your responses. Hello to you and to Dee hope you're all well today.

I was born in Essex but spent the last 24 years (until last August) in North London. In August we moved, partly to finance our early retirement but also partly due to "neighbour issues" which were quite distressing. We are loving our new home - it's so quiet, at the end of a cul de sac so no through traffic.

Friday at last! Things here are so quiet at the moment. I work in a school as Headteacher's PA but he's out at the moment so not much work filtering through. Am ready for an early off at around 3pm to make the most of the evening hopefully sewing in the garden.

I'm thinking of treating myself to a Xstitch magazine subscription - any that you would recommend? I'm torn between three at the moment - Xstitch crazy, World of Xstiching and Xstitch crazy. Seem to be able to get 3 for £5 on each of them at the mo. What would you choose if given a choice? I regard myself as still bit of a novice and don't really like fractionals or designs with lots of confetti stitching.

Beautiful weather out there - makes it all the more frustrating being in here! Not good for my weight either as when I'm bored or stressed I eat. Am already eyeing up the sandwich that I brought in for lunch :D :lol:

Looking forward to hearing from you all. What plans do you have for the weekend? We have quite a busy one ahead. I will run tomorrow morning and then we're off to clear out my husband's 87 year old maiden aunt's flat. We've recently moved her into a home because she lives a distance away and we can't cope with the shopping etc. so have brought her nearer to us and his sister. Went for a brief visit last night and she started to stress out saying she hates it and wants to go home. We have to stand firm and hope that it's just teething problems. It's early days - she only moved in last Saturday but very upsetting. On Sunday I'll go for a longer run, my OH will play golf and hopefully I'll fit some stiching in around the mundane things like housework etc.

Take care :D
Trigger

Return to General Chit Chat